Friday 2 February 2024

Rainbow Bear (A3 Poster Print)

If you liked any of the mini oil paintings/sketches from my 2020 ‘100 Paintings in 12 Months Project’ you might be interested to know that I’m having some of my favourite ones made into A3-sized poster prints. So if there is a painting of mine that you particularly like and feel you need a print of it let me know and I’ll see what I can do.


'Rainbow Bear', A3-sized poster print, artist Wayne Chisnall

As with most of paintings from this series, Rainbow Bear was painted directly onto the painting’s surface without any preliminary drawings or much in the way of me knowing what I was about to paint from the moment that I applied paintbrush to paint. I found this form of automatic painting very liberating and a fruitful creative exercise. It not only revealed new ideas and characters to me, but it also allowed me to be more experimental with the way I applied paint.



'Rainbow Bear', A3-sized poster print, artist Wayne Chisnall

There are more poster prints to come and all of them are priced at £20 each with free postage. If you’d like one, just DM me or drop me an email at waynechisnall@yahoo.co.uk


The prints are printed on glossy, heavy-duty 300gsm paper, with digital inks that give a silk finish. One of the things I especially like about these prints is that, in areas, you can see flecks of highlights and shadows where from where the paint was more thickly applied on the original painting.

No comments: