Wednesday 1 April 2020

Lisa - Found Prints From The 90s


I'm not saying that my art store room is disorganised but last night I spent six hours trying to find a print that I've just sold through the Artist Support Pledge. In the end I found it in a folder under the bed. Yes, my art store room has a bed in it as the room doubles up as a guest bedroom, although, due to my new found love of living alone, I generally discourage guests (apart from a select few, and they know who they are) from staying over.


However, in the process of looking for the print I went through every portfolio (twice) in the room and found a lot of semi-forgotten work that I had made way back in the 90's. So here's a selection of what I've found. I dare say that I'll post more of my finds in later blog posts.


These prints are based upon a photograph I took of a friend (my then girl friend), Lisa Kelly, when we lived in a manic household (in a house sandwiched between a half-way house and a house full of very entertaining heroin addicts), shared with an old ball group of friends. It was at a time just before our student days but very much prepared us for the life-style that was to come.


These works are a mixture of etchings or collagraph prints, transfer prints and photocopies, most of which have been reworked with ink, paint and collage, so are all original pieces. They were done as test prints and not with the intention of ever being produced as a print series.

2 comments:

Adam Monaghan said...

Love this!!

Wayne Chisnall said...

Cheers Adam