Sunday 3 March 2019

One Minute Sculptures with Erwin Wurm


There's a gentle playfulness and absurdity to Erwin Wurm's work that I love, and I was lucky enough to meet the artist at his recent exhibition at Thaddaeus Ropac in Dover Street, London.
 
Artist, Wayne Chisnall, as one of Erwin Wurm's 'One Minute Sculptures', Thaddaeus Ropac Gallery, London, 2019.

As well as physical sculptures and a large collection of his drawings on display at the gallery, he also had a plinth in which members of the gallery going public could participate and become part of his ongoing 'One Minute Sculpture' project. Here's a Polaroid (which Mr Wurm kindly signed for me) of me taking part.

Artist, Wayne Chisnall, as one of Erwin Wurm's 'One Minute Sculptures', Austrian Pavilion, Venice Biennale, 2017.

But this is not the first time that I encountered Mr Wurm, or his One Minute Sculpture series. Here are some photos of me having fun at his exhibition in the Austrian Pavilion during the last Venice Biennale in 2017.

Artist, Wayne Chisnall, as one of Erwin Wurm's 'One Minute Sculptures', Austrian Pavilion, Venice Biennale, 2017.

No comments: