Sunday 14 December 2014

Blast From The Past


Rummaging through some half-forgotten boxes that I had in storage I recently came across one of my old sketchbooks from twenty years ago. I opened it with some trepidation, fearing that what I'd find inside might be a bit cringe-worthy, but I was relieved to see that some of the pages weren't too bad. Here's a few examples of what I found. To see more check out the latest posting on my Oodles of Doodles blog – a blog that I've shamefully neglected of late.



These first two are of Lisa Kelly; still a very close friend, even after all these years of knowing me.



Here are a couple of drawings of details from a wire maquette, Pelvis, that I made for a sculpture that never came to be.


 And who hasn't crucified their Action Man doll at least once? No... just me then? Right!... moving on...


To mark my brief foray into stone carving we have a scrappy painting/working drawing for my take on the theme of 'Mother and Child', followed by a photo of the resultant carving.


Regarding the next three pages, I think that I had a thing for puppets and body bags.




Next we have something a little more traditional - a life drawing!



And we end with something light and fluffy – a drawing of a stuffed toy monkey.

No comments: