Sunday 23 March 2014

RCA Secret 2014 Revealed


Yesterday saw this year's RCA Secret postcards go on sale. I had thought about popping along to the exhibition in the morning but then I was kindly invited by a journalist friend, Miss Holly Howe, to the Christie's Post-War and Contemporary Art preview and brunch. And I'm not ashamed to say that I was a little seduced by the art, champaign, and truffle nibbles. It was then decided that the north side of the river probably held too many entertaining distractions (distractions that were to include a quick run round the Saatchi Gallery on the King's Road, watching the amazing Gravity in 3D at Soho House, and finally, drinks with friends in Clerkenwell) so we didn't venture to RCA's site in Battersea after all.
All I'll say is that I hope that all of you who queued for so long, managed to get at least one of your favourite postcards from your list.


So, now that the secret's out, regarding who made which postcard, I can reveal which from the show were mine. No great surprise, I'm sure, for anyone that knows any of my cards from previous years. This year however, I decided to give the sculptures and drawings a miss, and go for watercolours.


One of these three pieces was bought by a rather intrepid Mister Nick Lane, who (after failing to get my one sculptural postcard from last year – see image from previous post) spent a night camped out in the queue with the rest of the crazy gang. He assures me that despite the cold, it was a fun experience. I'll just have to take your word for that Nick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog.
Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it's
rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.


Here is my blog; k53 learners

Wayne Chisnall said...

Thanks for your kind words. I try and keep people up to date with what I'm up to (art-wise), and I'm just using a regular blogger template - although I may have tweaked some of the colours a little.