Wednesday 16 February 2011

Where Art You Interview

If anyone out there is interested in reading any more of my ramblings then please feel free to check out the interview that I just had with Where Art You editor, Helen Wilson. Where Art You is a website about art in London - featuring the latest reviews, previews, interviews and much more. The site is pretty darned good so even if you don’t really want to listen to what I have to say it’s worth checking out for the reviews and other stuff.


To wet your appetite (or kill it altogether) here’s the first question and my response -

As your model kit When I Am A Man suggests, many young boys want to be soldiers when they grow up – what was your childhood ambition?

Apart from a few very brief periods when I quite fancied being either a bin man, a monk, a steam roller driver or a kamikaze pilot (I was very young when I wanted to be the later and probably didn’t really understand the limited career path of being a human bomb, or the fact that I needed to be Japanese and born a few decades earlier) I always wanted to do something involving art.
As a child I would obsessively draw, paint and build stuff, so when I was old enough to realise that there were jobs out there that allowed you to carry on doing these things into adulthood I pretty much wanted to do all of them. I wanted to be everything from an architect to an illustrator to an animator to a comic book artist. But I was also a massive horror fan as a child and would fantasize about working in the film industry and making monsters for movies – although, growing up in semi-rural Shropshire, this seemed a world away and just a pipe dream.

No comments: