Wednesday 3 November 2010

Gone Postal

I must admit that I have been a bit slack lately when it comes to playing my part in the postal art project, Collaborations, that was recently set up by the Finland-based photographer and artist, Adam Monaghan. Although I completed the first two of the four pieces straight after receiving them many months ago – I have only just now got round to completing the second two and posting them all off to the next artist on the list. Now I just have to get round to starting the next four that have arrived.


 This is the third piece in the set – BEFORE I added to it.


This is the third piece in the set – AFTER my addition (note the naughty tentacle).


This is the fourth piece in the set – BEFORE I added to it.


This is the fourth piece in the set – AFTER my addition. I’m not quite sure where the long armed egg thing came from – I think it was getting late and I was getting tired.

The basic premise of the project is that Adam sends out sets of four 18 x 18 cm paintings/collages (that he has started) to various artists around the world. These artists then add to the works and post them onto another artist in the group, who does likewise. Once an artist feels the work is complete they return to Adam. Eventually, when all the works have been returned, we’ll have a small show somewhere and exhibit the end results. The artists currently taking part in the project are Tony Deleon in New York, Dale Devereux Barker in Ipswich, Katie Waller in Brighton, Larry Crittenden in Texas, Irene Runayker in Eastbourne, Carmen Dominguez in California, Kunigunda Dineikaite in Lithuania, Saara Konttinen in Helsinki, Peter Scribetta in New York, Adam Monaghan in Finland and myself here in London.

No comments: