Wednesday 24 March 2010

RBS Workshops







This week I’ve had loads of fun taking part in a couple of the schools workshops that the Royal British Society of Sculptors have been running in conjunction with their Found exhibition, currently showing at their Brompton Road gallery in South Kensington, London. As one of the exhibiting artists I was invited to come along and talk to the kids about my work and help out with the workshops. Although the sessions were each only about an hour long it was incredible what they managed to achieve. I never cease to be amazed by the creativity and sheer weirdness of children’s imaginations.

I got great photos of some of the kids and their amazing creations (which were even more amazing considering the time limits that they had to work under). However, because of the current climate and concerns over images of children appearing on the internet (unless everyone was just in the Witness Protection Program) I unfortunately had to drastically crop or omit some of the best images.

Anyway – this evening, from 6:30 onwards, I (along with two other sculptors, Susan Forsyth and Linda Johns) will be giving short talks about our work at the gallery and everyone is welcome to come along. But don’t worry, each talk will only be 15 minutes long so there will be plenty of time mingle and knock to back a few glasses of wine.

No comments: