Monday 10 May 2010

My New Studio - YAY!


After what feels like an eternity of searching (please excuse the histrionics but I've only really had the space to do small drawings and paintings for the last couple of months) I've finally found myself a new studio to work in. Although, admittedly, a little bit more work needs doing to the space before I can start sculpting again - as you can see from the photo which shows my materials and equipment cowering in the corner of the room, waiting for some nice people to come and build a couple of walls around them.
My new studio is on the ground floor of La Ruche, a five story building in Whitechapel, London - just over the road from the Whitechapel Gallery. All five floors are being converted into artists' studios and there will also be a cafe and workshop space on the ground floor. Needless to say, I may have to venture out of my work space every now and then just to conduct quality control checks on the cakes selection in the cafe.
La Ruche is part of HIVE Projects which was launched in November 2009 as an extended arm of T1+2. HIVE Projects works with urban regeneration and heritage sites, together with established and emerging artists.

2 comments:

Tematrilia said...

congrats, looks like a nice big space with lots of light

Andy said...

Looks great Wayne, look forward to seeing the new work that makes it way out of here!