Monday 31 August 2009

The Brain Unravelled – Work In Progress





Well, as you can see, I’m still working on my cardboard sculpture for The Brain Unravelled. It would have been great to have an extra week or so to work on the piece, and make it even larger, but everything should come together in time. The final structure is going to be slightly different from my original sketch. Instead of all the sections being stuck together in one rigid mass I’ve decided that I’m going to display them as a higgledy-piggledy pile. This seems to be more in-keeping with the ‘unravelled’ part of the show’s title and allows for me to keep adding to the work so that it becomes a bigger and bigger piece each time it is shown.
If anyone would like to come along to The Brain Unravelled’s opening party on Monday 7th September please email me your name so that I can put you on the guest list, or contact the curator, Rose Lopes, directly at info@thebrainunravelled.com . My email address is waynechisnall@yahoo.co.uk .
As well as work from the likes of Anthony Gormley and contributions from some of the top names in neuroscience and anthropology, the show will be opened by Barbara Follett, the Minister of Culture.
So, I hope to see some of you there.

The Brain Unravelled
UCL Slade Research Centre
Woburn Square, London, WC1H 0AB
Tube: Russell Square
www.thebrainunravelled.com
info@thebrainunravelled.com
8 – 19 September 2009
Private View: 7 September 2009, 6 – 9pm

1 comment:

Taren said...

The structure is looking great Wayne. The evolving aspect of its engineering makes for an appropriate allegory too I think.