Monday 10 February 2020

1000 Paintings in a Year Challenge - 1st Update.


Here's a little update on the painting challenge that I set myself. 

Untitled, 2020, oil on book cover by British artist, Wayne Chisnall

I was wondering if it would be possible to produce a thousand paintings, albeit small, rather sketchy ones, in a year - which would be almost three paintings a day. So on the 20th January this year I thought I'd give it a go. I'm only a few weeks into the project and already I'm a little behind schedule but I'm putting much of that down to the time I had to spend on renovating my kitchen (it took me two weeks just to get the old tile flooring up).

Sad Bear, 2020, oil on plywood by British artist, Wayne Chisnall

Here are a few of the mini oil paintings/oil sketches that I've produced so far. They are mostly painted on small pieces of plywood or chipboard (recycled form  Victoria and Albert Museum packing crates), or on old book covers. To see the full range of paintings check out my Instagram page, where I'll be posting them at hopefully regular intervals.

Sad Cartoon Boy, 2020, oil on plywood by British artist, Wayne Chisnall

No comments: