Thursday 13 December 2018

Mini Oil Sketch Winners


For the past few months I've been working on a series of mini oil paintings (many of them merely playful sketches in oil paint). Similar to my Taster Menu series, which I originally created for a pop-up event at the A PlusA gallery during opening week of the 2015 Venice Biennale, these pieces are painted on plywood and designed to be displayed directly on the wall - with a small hole in the back to accommodate a hanging nail or screw.


During this time I've also been running a competition on social media for people to be able to win three of the pieces. The winners of the competition were drawn out of three hats by the art journalist and editor of Avenir Magazine, Holly Howe, on the final day of this year's RCA Secret exhibition (in which I was exhibiting three postcard-sized oil paintings). So without further ado I'd like to say congratulations to the three winners of my mini oil painting giveaway competition - @Onthelowlow (on Twitter), @CennerHice (on Instagram) & Sara Metcalfe (on Facebook).

No comments: