Tuesday 24 October 2017

New Print - 'If They Were Bunnies'

After lots of research into Fine Art giclée printing and artwork reproduction capture (with helpful tips from friend and fellow artist, James White) I am pleased to announce the arrival of my new print, 'If They Were Bunnies'. With this print I worked closely with the amazing Mark Parry, of The Artist's Print Room, whose eye for detail is spot on. I was so impressed with Mark's work that I also commissioned him to photograph the artwork that I produced for the new Scaramanga Six album, 'Chronica' (but more about that later).



Aside from Mark's unparalleled photographic and reproduction skills, one of the major selling points for me, in using The Artist's Print Room, is his use of cutting edge Epson® HDX Ultrachrome archival pigments inks, as opposed to ordinary dye-base inks, which are more prone to fading over prolonged exposure to UV light.

At this point I'd like to interject an apology for the white balance on the photograph (which you see here) that I took of the finished 'If They Were Bunnies' print. In the actual print, the bunnies and border are the pure white of the paper, as opposed to the off white that you see here. My Bad!

I created the original image for 'If They Were Bunnies' by first selecting a newspaper image of British police officers attacking demonstrators. I then placed a clear animation cell over the image, and painted out the protestors - replacing them with my own cartoon rabbits. After scanning the image I then tidied up a few bits on my laptop to heighten the contrast between the crisp graphic line work of the bunnies and the, just about perceptible, halftone modulations of the newspaper image.


As well as the archival pigment inks, that I previously mentioned, 'If They Were Buinnies' is printed on Hahnemuhle Bright White 310 gsm; an acid-free, premium heavy-weight archival paper. The image is 45.5 x 33 cm, and the paper size is 50.5 x 39.3 cm. Each print is signed and editioned (being from a limited edition of 100). The prints are also embossed with an authentication stamp (see close-up photo) in the lower left corners of the border.

For a limited period I'll be offering 'If They Were Bunnies' at the reduced price of £120 to members of my mailing list, or to anyone wishing to join the list. So, if you are interested in one of the new prints, or just in joining my mailing list, please feel free to drop me a line at wayne@waynechisnall.com

No comments: