Monday 2 May 2016

Friday Night at The Museum

I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone that I spoke to on Friday evening, and for their compliments about the work that I was exhibiting at the Victoria and Albert Museum's latest monthly Friday Late view.


For this Friday Late, Baroque to the Future, I had five of my sculptures on display in the V&A's Sculpture Gallery, at the foot of the National Art Library staircase. They ranged in size from my Orifice Tower sculpture, which stands at two metres tall, right down to my Spider Box piece at around twenty five centimetres tall. It seemed a fitting venue in which display these works as the vast majority of the materials from which the sculptures are constructed, originally came from old frames, backboards, and sections of antique packing crates, that the V&A had thrown out.


This last photo was taken my one of my V&A colleagues, Peter Kelleher, who was documenting the evening's proceedings.

No comments: