Thursday 14 May 2015

Art Flea Market & The Love Guru of Venice


Photo by A+A Gallery.

For me, the fun and frolics of the Venice Biennale are over as I'm now back in my London studio, working on my next project. But I'd like to thank everyone involved in the Rob Pruitt's Flea Market (the students of the “22nd Course in Curatorial Practices and Contemporary Arts” at The School for Curatorial Studies Venice, curator Tommaso Speretta, everyone from A plus A Gallery, the artists taking part, everyone who came along, and Rob Pruitt himself) for making it such a fun event to be part of.


As is the case with all of the Rob Pruitt's Flea Markets, wherever in the World they happen to take place, each one is its own, unique beast – an amalgam of the various artists taking part, at a particular location and time. This incarnation of the RPFM brought together music, food, performance, parties, interactive events, and artists selling their wares. Amongst the artworks on offer were paintings, books, portraits, bags, sculpture, photographs, badges, and bizarre miscellaneous items. For my part, I was selling prints, paintings, drawings, and screen printed tote bags.


Me next to RPFMV poster. Photo by Holly Howe.


Here's my 'inner-selfie' with one of my favourite characters from the RPFMV - Guru Jimmy, introduced to me by the talented artist, James Ostrer.


Bye, bye Rob Pruitt's Flea Market, Venice. Photo by A+A Gallery.

Rob Pruitt's Flea Market, Venice
'A plus A Gallery', San Marco 3073
E press@aplusa.it
T 00 39 041 277 04 66
www.aplusa.it

No comments: