Tuesday 3 August 2010

The Second Orifice






Here’s some ‘work in progress’ photos of the second piece in my new Orifice Box series. The working title for this one is Horned God Orifice Box (a bit of a mouthful and not that catchy, I admit) because of the branches that grow out of the sides of the box – which remind me a little bit of horns. I know that the box is a little on the small side for anything with deity status but maybe the Horned God doesn’t have that much in the way of worshippers these days. I’ve still not yet decided what the interior of the box will line with. I’m toying with the idea of either hair or very old news print, with drawings over the top. I had thought about having the interior mirrored but I’m not sure if that would add much to the piece. I also have to add the trademark casters.
I think that this new series of work has started to influence my ongoing quick-fire drawing project, as a few of sketches have come out remarkably boxy. I’ll upload them soon so that you can see what I mean. Which reminds me – I must get round to scanning and uploading the next batch of doodles as they are starting to mount up.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

phenomenal!

Wayne Chisnall said...

Thanks Danielle.

I am Osmand Nosse said...

these are bloody fantastic.
reminds me of a dream i had or certainly a dream i'm going to have.

top notch

Wayne Chisnall said...

Cheers Osmand.
Let me know how the dream turns out.